Tuesday 16 September 2014

WELCOME TO MUST LOVE DOGS AND HORSES


17th September 2014


Welcome to Must-Love-Dogs-And-Horses.


Hello, Everyone.


This Blog is about love of dogs and horses.

Enjoying dogs and horses.
Playing with dogs and horses.

With Walks, Play Dates, Beach Days, . . .

Whether you have a dog.
Or, a horse.
Or, not.


And.

About, teaching your dogs and horses with kindness.
As one friend to another.

This group is not about dominating dogs or horses.


TEACHING YOUR DOGS WITH KINDNESS


My kindness approach works.

Because dogs do like to please those who are kind to them.


I got my Beagles over any fears with back rubs and soothing words.


House-trained my Beagles in 2 days.
And the effect lasted a life-time.


I taught my Beagles to cross roads.

So well.
With affection.
That we used to walk off-lead all the time.
All around the inner suburbs of Melbourne.


For nearly 20 years and more than 10,000 hours.

[My adult Beagles were always off-lead.
Regarding leads as an indignanty.
Suitable only for pups on L-Plates.]

And.
If we got separated.
They invariably got home before I did.
Safely.

None of my Beagles ever got injured on the roads.

Beagles are extremely intelligent.
And, so very easy to teach.


I bought my first Beagle when she was an adult.

I then bred her daughter, grand-daughter.
And, my last Beagle was her great-grand-daughter.


My Beagles liked walking through Studley Park.
And, along the Yarra River.

Using their considerable Beagle beauty.
And, big brown, wide-eyes Beagle charm.
To get themselves invites to BBQs.
[And, sometimes for me too.]


Occasionally, we would become separated in Studley Park.

Usually they would just sit and bay.
So I could find them.


If that did not work then they just went home.
Safely crossing Studley Park Road, even in peak hour, to get home before me.

[NOTE: It can take as long as 6 months, of almost daily walks, crossing main roads at least a 1000 times, starting on-lead, to teach a dog to do this safely.]


KING ALEXANDER'S LOVE OF BUCEPHALAS


King Alexander loved Bucephalas.

Showing Bucephalas kindness and consideration.
Never using whips, spurs or even stirrups.

With kindness and consideration.
King Alexander turned Bucephalas, a horse afraid of his own shadow, into his courageous warhorse.
Who he led his winning, shock and awe, cavalry charges on.


And.
Bucephalas loved King Alexander.

Bucking off everybody else who tried to get on.
[Except for his personal groom.]


After 16 years of friendship.
During the battle against King Porus.
Bucephalas was speared in the neck and flanks.

And.
King Alexander grieving over Bucephalas.
As with a human friend.

Founded a city, Bucephalia, Love Of Bucephalas, in his honour.
[King Alexander also founded another city, Peritas, in honour of his dog.]


Yes.
Real men do love their animal friends.
As they would a human friend.

And.

Yes.
Real men do cry.

Although, maybe not in front of other people.



Enjoy your dogs and horses.
And, let them enjoy you.




Kind regards.

Greg.



PS: To Make Comments Please Go To:
must-love-dogs-and-horses.blogspot.com.au/p/blog-page.html